Open position: Plastic injection molding process technician
Location: East London IDZ
Salary: market related
Type: permanent position
Reporting to: Plant and Facilities Manager
Our customer is looking for a plastic injection molding process technician for the purpose of setting up injection molding machines to produce good quality and stable parts, troubleshooting, and adjusting molding parameters to maintain quality and peak production. of product, problem solving to develop corrective actions for problems, initiating, action and closing momentum of continuous improvement plans, fault detection and maintenance of injection molding machines to ensure that production objectives are achieved.
• Formal training in injection molding plastics technology (good knowledge of scientific molding principles – essential requirement)
• Ability to independently perform process setup for new molds during project launch phases (essential requirement)
• Preferably ENGEL Machine experience CC200, CC300, etc. (However, this should not be limited to, but Advantageous)
• Availability to identify and report on mechanical and electrical problems that affect the machine process.
• A technically qualified person with mechanical experience in hydraulics, pneumatics and injection molding with some experience in solving wiring problems. (Advantageous)
• Proven problem solving skills
• Knowledge of automated material feeding systems (hoppers, dryers, feeding, etc.)
• A person who is willing to help in all areas.
• Overtime may be required
• Use the setting sheet to configure the machines to produce parts to specification and to the desired quality.
• Ensure optimal operation of all injection molding machines, at all times.
• Carry out product quality improvement tests, when necessary.
• Address any configuration problems during production runs.
• Complete understanding of the machine architecture and hardware functions: hydraulics, pneumatics, wiring, and tools.
• Pay attention to breakdowns as necessary through precise troubleshooting and repair.
• Perform routine maintenance as scheduled.
• Safe storage of tools.
• Install / supervise the installation of tools.
• Manage projects: execute all agreed projects and maintain the initiative.
• Help with mold changes.
• Comply with cleanliness and 5S in all work areas.
If you meet the above job requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Add “Plastic Injection Molding Process Technician” in the subject line of your email.
If you do not receive a response after 2 weeks, it indicates that you have not been successful.