Woof. ..This Lemon Meringue Cheesecake is so delicious and so easy to prepare! It makes a perfect dessert or party cake and is sure to impress your guests.
- 2½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted Cheesecake
- 4 packages (8 oz.) Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks (reserve whites for meringue)
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (2 large lemons)
- # Meringue topping
- 6 egg whites
1- ½ cups of granulated sugar HOW TO DO IT : Preheat the oven to 300 ° Cortex
- In a bowl, be sure to evenly combine all ingredients for the base, then press mixture into a 9 ″ removable pan and up the sides, about an inch.
- Finally bake for 10 minutes and let cool. Stuffed
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a bowl fitted with a paddle attachment until just combined and smooth, then add the egg yolks and beat until just combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- You can then add the flour, sour cream and lemon zest and mix until smooth.
- Then pour the mixture over the prepared base and bake for 75 minutes. When you’re done, be sure to turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the warm oven with the door closed for 4 hours.
- Once this is done, you must remove it from the oven, run a knife around the edges to release it from the pan and chill for 6 hours, or overnight.
- Meringue topping
- Simply beat 6 reserved egg whites with sugar and place in a double boiler and, stirring constantly, heat the mixture until it reaches 140 ° on the candy thermometer. Then directly pour the mixture into a bowl of the stand mixer, fitted with a whisk and beat for 10 minutes, until shiny, stiff peaks form.
- Spread the meringue on the cold cheesecake and lightly brown the top of the meringue with a kitchen torch. RECIPE NOTES: You can also add another tablespoon of lemon zest to enhance the lemon flavor in this recipe; If desired. Finally, be sure to store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.