Closing date: April 6, 2021
Functions: Drive and maneuver the motor grader and activate the controls to operate the mechanisms that allow the digging, loading, leveling and leveling sequences.
• Referring to work schedules and records to correct deviations in inputs generated during processing
• Performs tasks / activities associated with operating a motor grader during road and site maintenance activities.
Salary: lowest level of a level 10 post of a grade 3 local authority, i.e. R 129 252.49 p.a. subject to job evaluation plus standard municipal benefits.
Qualifications and experience
Applicant must have the appropriate level of secondary qualification – NQF level 1
• Certification of competence in the operation of Grader Machinery
• Driver’s license code CE and PrDP
• 3 years of relevant experience
• Skills: Good communication skills (Isaulu English)
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Ability to drive and operate utility vehicles.
How to apply
Applicants must send a complete Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications along with a cover letter in an envelope marked ‘Private and Confidential to: The Human Resources Manager, PO Box 19, Scottburgh, 4180 no later than April 6 2021. Alternatively, applications can be delivered in person to Scottburgh City Offices. Applications sent by fax or email will not be accepted. Applicants who have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.
THE CITY OF UMDONI IS COMMITTED TO JOB EQUITY. The City Council reserves the right not to make an appointment. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will only be made with shortlisted candidates.
Umdoni local municipality
Municipal Offices Cnr Bramfische, Williamson Street PO Box 19 Scottburgh 4180 Tel: (039) 976 1202
SIR. MZ SILINGA MUNICIPAL DIRECTOR IN OPERATION