The South African Meteorological Service (SAWS) is a public Section 3 (a) entity under the Ministry of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries (DEFF) and is governed by a Board. The organization is an authoritative voice for meteorological and climate-related services in South Africa and is a member of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to fulfill a number of international government obligations. The South African Meteorological Service (SAWS) strives to be a Climate and Climate Center of Excellence providing innovative solutions to ensure a climate-smart region, sustainable development and economic growth.
Therefore, the South African Meteorological Service (SAWS) seeks to appoint an efficient and enthusiastic person to take on the role of:
Total Salary Package – Negotiable Salary
(Ref. WS06 / 032021)
Effectively and efficiently supervise Procurement and Fulfillment operations within Supply Chain Management (SCM) according to business needs.
Key performance areas:
• Strategic sourcing and planning of supply chain management.
• Execute the bidding / quotation processes.
• Supervise the supply of quotations, the evaluation of the received proposals and the writing and presentation of recommendations.
• Provide administrative support to the bidding committees.
• Ensure the adequate filing of documents of external and internal origin (adequate document management)
• Carry out the administration of Supplier Performance on a quarterly basis.
• Ensure compliance with the laws, regulations and prescriptions related to SCM at all times.
• Prepare the bid evaluation report with the supporting documentation once the selection process has been completed to present it to the Bid Award Committee for final approval.
• Prepare memoranda along with supporting documentation after approval of bids / tenders, so that the Finance department executes the payment once the goods / services provided by the Suppliers have been completed.
• Post offers / tenders in the Tender Bulletin, the SAWS website and the National Treasury eTender portal.
• Ensure compliance with approved SAWS policies, standard operating procedures, and delegation of authority.
• Ensure compliance with the National Treasury Regulations, Practice Notes, Instructions Notes, Laws and other normative documents applicable to Public Sector Procurement.
• Identify, investigate and report violations of rules, regulations, policies and / or procedures to the Manager.
• Helps identify potential areas of vulnerability and compliance risk, and makes recommendations to Manager.
• Maintain a record of irregular, fruitless, and wasteful expenses, deviations, and treasury presentations and approvals.
• Maintain a record of local content.
• BEE Spend report quarterly.
Minimum requirements and attributes:
• National Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing Management, Logistics Management, Finance (NQF 6) or equivalent.
• Professional affiliation / supply chain management membership preferred;
• A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience;
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in Public Sector Supply Chain Procurement, with 2 years of experience in tender management; Strong understanding of demand / procurement management and execution of demand management strategies.
Keep in mind:
Inquiries for the aforementioned positions should be directed to: Ms. Thembisa Bixa, at tel. (012) 367 6000.
Complete the E1 form (downloadable at www.weathersa.co.za) and submit your application (complete CV with copies of qualifications) indicating the job title and reference number to email@example.com.
Applications sent by fax or mail will not be accepted.
SOUTH AFRICAN WEATHER SERVICE (SAWS)
Bolsa X097, Pretoria, 0001 • Tel: + 27 (0) 12 367 6000 • www.weathersa.co.za • USSD: * 120 * 7297 #
Closing date: April 09, 2021